If you’d like to hear some of my thoughts on poetry, activism, and nonviolence, you can listen to this episode of Nonviolence Radio, produced by Stephanie Van Hook of the Metta Center for Nonviolence, in April 2017: https://mettacenter.org/radio/poetry-in-activism/
- “Sift,” forthcoming in Philadelphia Stories, Summer 2018.
- “Praise Song for the Goddess of Ferocity and Mistakes,” “The Words,” “the earth speaks in tail of white cat,” and “Surprise,” in Uncertainty Club, Issue III: With Each Stitch, the World Spews Flames
- “Yesterday We Were Asked to Write from a Place of #RevolutionaryLove so I Tried to Write a Love Poem to Kellyanne,” published as part of Rattle‘s innovative Poets Respond program (February 21, 2017).
- “Dream Gate” and “Refuge Ceremony,” in Uncertainty Club, Issue II: More Everything/Wanting.
- “The Plea,” Deluge (Fall 2016).
- “Prima Materia,” Literary Mama (November 2016).
- “Navigation,” 3rd place winner in the 2016 Benicia Love Poetry contest, published in the Benicia Poetry Group anthology Crossing the Strait.
- “Hide and Seek,” in Stolen Light, the 2016 poetry anthology from Redwood Writers, a branch of the California Writers Club.
- “Lizard Society,” “Aubade for Self-Righteousness,” and “Bookmark,” all in the inaugural issue of Uncertainty Club, an online magazine of Zen and the arts from the Pacific Zen Institute.
- “Rake,” Poem of the Week at West Trestle Review (October 11, 2015, now archived).
- “What Do You Give,” published as part of Rattle‘s Poets Respond program (August 2, 2015).
- “Validation Is the Animal I’m Looking For and It’s Definitely Not an Ox,” a Finalist in DASH Literary Journal‘s Annual Poetry Contest, published in DASH, Issue #8 (Spring 2015).
- “Horse Dreams,” Vines Leaves Literary Journal, Issue #13 (January 2015), and selected for their Best of Vine Leaves 2015 anthology.
- “The Gossip Project,” in Uncertainty Club, Issue II: More Everything/Having.
- “In Praise of Folly,” in Uncertainty Club, Issue I: Doing It Wrong.
- “Peach Blossoms/Madrone,” a short essay published on the Pacific Zen Institute’s website.
- “Mass Remembrance,” winner of the North Bay Bohemian’s 2013 Fall Fiction contest.
- “A Declaration from Occupy Santa Rosa,” Santa Rosa Press Democrat (November 19, 2011).